Welcome to Dimensional. This Site (this “Site”) is owned and operated by Dimensional Fund Advisors Ltd. (“Dimensional UK”). Subject to the terms and conditions below, Dimensional UK. is responsible for this Site.
Dimensional UK may modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use and availability of all or any portion of this Site at any time, without notice or liability
Some or all of the content on this website may constitute a financial promotion for the purposes of s.21 Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, and so the contents of this website have been approved for issue in the United Kingdom by Dimensional UK, as an FCA regulated firm, authorised to do so under its Part 4A permission.
It is important for you to read the following information as it contains regulatory and legal notices that are relevant for information displayed throughout this website.
This Site is provided for residents of the United Kingdom, Germany, Netherland, Ireland and Switzerland and is not directed to any person in the United States or any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of this Site are prohibited and which would subject Dimensional UK (or its affiliates) or of any Dimensional’s products services to any registration, licensing, or other legal requirements within such jurisdiction or county. Persons in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access this Site. It is the responsibility of any persons who access this information contained herein to observe all applicable laws and regulations of their relevant jurisdiction. If you choose to access this Site from locations outside of these countries you do so at your own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. By proceeding you are representing and warranting that you are resident in either the United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands, Ireland or Switzerland.
Important Regulatory Information
Dimensional Fund Advisors Ltd. (Dimensional UK) is registered in England and Wales under Company No. 02569601 and VAT No. 278309669. Dimensional UK is a subsidiary of Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, a separate but affiliated entity.
Contact details of Dimensional UK:
Registered office address: 20 Triton Street, Regent's Place, London, NW1 3BF, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0)203 033 3300
Facsimile: +44 (0)203 033 3324
Dimensional UK is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The contact details of the FCA are:
Address: 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN, United Kingdom
Telephone: retail investors: 0800 111 6768 (freephone) or 0300 500 8082 (UK) or +44 (0)207 066 1000 (outside of the UK) professional investors: 0300 500 0597 (UK) , or +44 207 066 1000 (outside of the UK)
Dimensional UK’s FCA firm reference number is 150100 and its regulatory status can be confirmed on the FCA website at http://register.fca.org.uk.
Dimensional UK is an authorised financial services provider in South Africa (FSP no. 46292).
Dimensional UK is authorised and regulated by the FCA and its Dutch branch office is subject to limited supervision by the Dutch Authority for Financial Markets (AFM).
Contact details of Dimensional UK’s Dutch branch office:
Registered office address: Minervalaan 64, 1077 PE, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Telephone: +31 (0) 20 708 58 40
Dimensional UK is authorised and regulated by the FCA and its German branch office is subject to limited supervision by the Federal Financial Services Authority (Bafin).
Contact details of Dimensional UK’s German branch office:
Registered office address: Haus Cumberland, Kurfurstendamm 194, D-10707, Berlin, Germany
Telephone: +49 (0) 30 767 59 8645
Dimensional Ireland Limited (Dimensional Ireland) is authorised and regulated in Ireland (Registration No. C185067). Dimensional Ireland is a subsidiary of Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, a separate but affiliated entity.
Contact details of Dimensional Ireland:
Registered office address: 10 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 T380, Ireland
Telephone: +353 (0) 1 669 8500
Dimensional Ireland is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) whose contact details are:
Address: Central Bank of Ireland PO Box 559 Dublin 1
Telephone: +353 (0)1 224 6000
Dimensional Ireland's CBI registration number and regulatory status can be confirmed on the CBI website at https://www.centralbank.ie/regulation
The data, information and content on this Site should be used for general information and educational purposes only. Nothing on this Site constitutes investment advice, recommendation, or an offer of any services or products for sale and it is not intended to provide a sufficient basis on which to make an investment decision. The information contained on this Site may not be treated as an offer or solicitation:
(i) in any jurisdiction where such an offer or solicitation is contrary to local law.
(ii) to anyone to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation.
(iii) if the person making the offer or solicitation is not qualified to do so.
Nor shall this Site form the basis of, or be relied on in connection with, any contract for shares, units or other interests (Shares).
No orders will be transmitted, received or executed by Dimensional UK or via the Site.
Dimensional UK makes no representations that the securities or services described on this Site are suitable for any specific investor.
Applications to invest in any product referred to on this Site must only be made on the basis of the documentation relating to the specific investment and if you are a retail client you should refer to your investment adviser. It is the responsibility of any persons wishing to make a purchase to inform themselves of and observe all applicable laws and regulations. If you are in any doubt about the information contained on this Site, please call us on +44 (0)203 033 3300, or consult a professional financial adviser.
Dimensional UK issues information and materials in English and may also issue information and materials in certain other languages. Continued acceptance of information and materials from Dimensional UK will constitute consent to be provided with such information and materials, where relevant, in more than one language, unless prohibited by local law.
All content on this Site is presented only as of the date published or indicated and may be superseded by subsequent market events or for other reasons. In addition, you are responsible for setting the cache settings on your browser to ensure you are receiving the most recent data.
Risks of investing
You should always bear in mind that:
- Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. There is no guarantee strategies will be successful.
- In a banking institution, your money is secure; whereas in a market-based investment, it is exposed to a degree of risk. This must be considered as part of your decision whether to invest your assets.
- The principal risks of investing in Dimensional funds may include one or more of the following: market risk, small companies risk, risk of concentrating in the real estate industry, foreign securities and currencies risk, emerging markets risk, banking concentration risk, interest rate risk, risk of investing for inflation protection, risk of municipal securities and/or fund of funds risk.
- The value of investments and any income from them may go down as well as up. You may not get back all of your original investment. You should not make any assumptions about potential income or returns based on anything included within this Site.
- Investments in currencies other than your home currency may result in currency exchange risks. Changes in foreign exchange rates may cause the value of investments to go down or up. It may also cause income from investments to go down or up.
- For fixed income funds, the running yield gives an indication of the current level of income. The redemption yield gives a more long-term picture, taking into account expected capital repayments as well as income repayments. Both the yield and capital value of the fund can fluctuate.
- Some funds may invest in sectors and/or regions that may be highly volatile. Investing in the securities of smaller companies carries a higher risk than investing in the securities of larger companies, and there is also a risk of illiquidity (i.e., they may not be easy to buy and sell). It is often not possible to obtain an open market valuation on unlisted securities.
- Investors should understand that performance results will be reduced by investment advisory fees and other expenses which may be incurred in connection with the account.
The value of Shares and the income from them can fall as well as rise as a result of market and currency fluctuations and you may not get back as much as you originally invested. Eligibility to invest in an Individual Savings Account (ISA) or Personal Equity Plan (PEP) is dependent on individual circumstances and may be subject to future statutory change. Tax assumptions may change if the law changes and the value of tax relief will depend upon your individual circumstances; you are strongly advised to obtain separate tax advice.
Materials relating to the investments mentioned on this Site should be read in conjunction with a prospectus and the respective key investor information document (KIID) (available through this Site) that describes charges, expenses, and risks. Read these carefully before making any investment.
Dimensional UK, its employees, affiliates, and/or their directors may or may not hold Shares or hold a position in or with respect to any investments mentioned on this Site.
Please note that some of the theories of portfolio management described on this Site are in some occasions included with reference to academics that have links to Dimensional UK and/or the Dimensional Global Firms. Dimensional Global Firms refers to the Dimensional separate but affiliated entities generally, rather than to one particular entity. These entities are Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Dimensional Fund Advisors Ltd., DFA Australia Limited, Dimensional Fund Advisors Canada ULC, Dimensional Fund Advisors Pte. Ltd., Dimensional Japan Ltd., and Dimensional Hong Kong Limited. Dimensional Hong Kong Limited is licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission to conduct Type 1 (dealing in securities) regulated activities only and does not provide asset management services.
Links to and from this Site
Dimensional UK has not reviewed or authorised any sites linking to this Site. If you link other websites to our Site, you may not suggest that Dimensional UK has endorsed or is affiliated with such websites and you may not display this Site as “framed” within another website. Dimensional UK is not responsible for the content, accuracy, or timeliness of any links to other websites, nor is it responsible for any websites that may contain links to this Site. Following links to any off-site pages or other websites shall be entirely at your own risk, and Dimensional UK does not make any warranties, expressed or implied, with regard to information obtained from other websites, and unless prohibited by local law, Dimensional UK shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your reliance upon or use of such websites. Any links to and from eu.dimensional.com are provided for navigational purposes only, and should not be construed as a recommendation or offer to buy or sell any securities, an endorsement of or a warranty by Dimensional UK with respect to any such linked websites.
In the case of German residents, the aforementioned limitations and/or exclusions do not apply when Dimensional UK has knowledge of any infringements or rights violations on websites which are being hyperlinked from this Site.
Dimensional UK (or any other Dimensional Global Firm) may monitor and record telephone conversations to check and verify instructions, to maintain high quality service standards, to comply with regulatory requirements and for the security of operational and business processes.
Copyright ©2019 Dimensional UK. All rights reserved, all moral rights are asserted and reserved. All content on this Site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, audio clips, logos, buttons, images, digital downloads, data compilations, software, icons, HTML code, and XML code, is the property of Dimensional UK and its affiliates or its suppliers, and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws.
DIMENSIONAL®, DIMENSIONAL FUND ADVISORS®, the Dimensional logo, and other marks used to identify Dimensional UK or its affiliates’ products or services are registered and unregistered marks of Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (Dimensional US) in the United Kingdom, the European Union and other countries. Such marks may not be reproduced without the express written permission of Dimensional US.
Save for the licence expressly granted below, nothing on this Site shall be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trade marks, logos, designs, texts, graphics, audio clips, images, or other content whatsoever on this Site. Dimensional UK and its affiliates reserve all of their rights with respect to copyright, database rights and trade marks and ownership of all content on this Site, and will enforce such rights to the full extent of applicable law. You are responsible for obeying all applicable copyright laws.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos appearing on this Site are the exclusive property of their respective owners.
Dimensional's trademarks, service marks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Dimensional's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or investors, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Dimensional. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting any license or right in or to any trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Dimensional.
Licence and Site access
- Modifying, copying, screen capturing, distributing, forwarding, transmitting, posting, displaying, performing, reproducing, publishing, broadcasting, licensing, creating derivative works from, transferring, selling, or exploiting any pages, reports, data, information, content, software, videos, webinars, products, services, or other materials on, generated by or obtained from this Site, whether through links or otherwise (collectively, the "Materials");
- Redelivering any page, text, image, or Materials on this Site using "framing" or other technology;
- Engaging in any conduct that could damage, disable, or overburden (i) this Site, (ii) any Materials or services provided through this Site, or (iii) any systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site, including without limitation, using devices or software that provide repeated automated access to this Site, other than those made generally available by Dimensional UK;
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts connected or associated with this Site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means of circumventing any access-limiting, user authentication or security device of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site;
- Modifying, copying, obscuring, removing, or displaying Dimensional UK's name, logo, trademarks, text, notices, or images without Dimensional UK's express written permission;
- Including the term "Dimensional," or any Dimensional trademark or executive's name, or any variation of the foregoing, as a meta-tag, hidden textual element, or any other indicator that creates an impression of affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement by Dimensional;
- Using any electronic communication feature of the Site for any purpose that is unlawful, tortious, abusive, intrusive on another's privacy, harassing, libelous, defamatory, embarrassing, obscene, threatening or hateful;
- Collecting or storing personal data about other users;
- Using this Site or any Materials from the Site for any commercial purpose not expressly approved by Dimensional UK in writing;
- Posting, emailing, or otherwise transmitting any advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, "junk mail," "surveys," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or unauthorized communication; or
- Uploading, posting, emailing, or otherwise transmitting any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs which might interrupt, limit or interfere with the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
Dimensional UK expressly reserves the right (but has no obligation) to monitor any and all use of this Site, without liability. If you provide Dimensional UK with any feedback or suggestions regarding this Site or the materials, products or services available on this Site, you grant Dimensional UK an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, sublicensable, royalty-free license to use any such feedback or suggestions for any purpose without any obligation or compensation to you.
Downloading software and files
If you download software or files from this website, the software—including any files or images incorporated in or generated by the software and data accompanying the software—and files (collectively, Files) are licensed to you by Dimensional UK solely for your personal, non-commercial use. However, neither Dimensional UK nor its affiliates transfer title in the Files to you. You own the medium on which the Files are recorded, but Dimensional UK, its affiliates and their licensors retain full and complete title in and to the Files, including all intellectual property rights therein. Save as otherwise permitted by applicable law, unless prohibited by local law, you may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Files to any other form whatsoever.
Dimensional UK operates this Site from the United Kingdom and any transaction involving client money will be covered by statutory and other requirements relating to UK money laundering provisions including but not limited to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Money Laundering Regulations, the FCA rules contained within the Money Laundering Sourcebook, and the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group Guidance Notes, as amended from time to time.
Registration, Password and Security Information
Dimensional UK makes no warranty, express or implied, regarding the security of the Site, including with respect to the ability of unauthorised persons to intercept or access information transmitted by or to you through this Site.
You should notify Dimensional UK immediately at MyDimensional@dimensional.com if you become aware of any disclosure, loss, theft or unauthorised use of your login or password.
If you maintain an account that you access via this Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities occurring under your account or password that are due to your conduct, inaction, or negligence.
Dimensional UK may offer you the opportunity to personalize your online experience. While certain personalisation features can provide a more convenient way to access the data and features most relevant to you, be aware that "cookies" and other similar identification techniques are used to associate your account and settings with the computer or electronic device that you are using. If you access this website from a public location or if you otherwise share a computer or electronic device, some personalization features could reveal non-public personal information about you to others. You alone are responsible for deciding whether a particular personalisation feature is appropriate for you and for any consequences that result from your decision.
Security of Data Transmissions and Storage
Electronic (including wired and wireless) communications through the Site may not be encrypted. You acknowledge that there is a risk that data, including email, electronic and wireless communications and personal data, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated between you and Dimensional UK or between you and other parties.
Dimensional UK’s complaints policy and procedures are available upon request. If you are not happy with the way your complaint is handled or with the response provided by Dimensional, you may (if eligible) refer your compliant to a financial ombudsmen service.
No reliance and no advice
Although Dimensional UK has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this Site is accurate at the time of publication, no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of such information. All information, opinions, estimates and content on this Site are provided by Dimensional UK or its third party content providers for information, education and non-commercial purposes only and are subject to change without notice. Unless prohibited by local law, you alone will bear the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any such information, opinions, estimates and content.
Dimensional UK only provides information on the products of the Dimensional Global Firms. Furthermore, the firm is not in a position to advise Retail Clients (meaning clients who are not professional clients or eligible counterparties within the meaning of Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) (2014/65/EU) and as defined in the Handbook of the FCA) on the particular circumstances and particular merits of investing in the products.
NOTHING CONTAINED ON THIS SITE CONSTITUTES INVESTMENT, LEGAL, TAX, OR OTHER ADVICE, NOR IS TO BE RELIED ON IN MAKING AN INVESTMENT OR OTHER DECISION. YOU SHOULD OBTAIN RELEVANT AND SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL ADVICE BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISION. The information contained on this Site has not been based upon a consideration of the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific user of this Site.
The information, opinions, estimates, and content on this Site are provided without any representations or warranties of any kind (including, without limitation, representations or warranties as to their accuracy, reliability, or completeness), whether express or implied.
Dimensional UK assumes no responsibility for, and makes no warranties, that functions contained on this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the servers that make it available will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of liability
For all Dutch, Irish, Swiss and UK residents
For German residents:
In the case of ordinary negligence, Dimensional UK’s liability shall be limited and restricted to only damages that are foreseeable and typical in the event of the breach of a contractual negotiation, the fulfilment of which is essential for the proper performance of the contract and the compliance on which you may regularly rely (wesentliche Vertragspflicht).
For German, Dutch, Irish, Swiss and UK residents:
Subject to the above paragraphs and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Dimensional UK hereby excludes any and all liability for any loss or damage, including direct, indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage (in each case including but not limited to: business interruption, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of anticipated savings and/or loss of goodwill) arising from, or in connection with:
- the accessing or use of, or the inability to access or use, this Site; or
- any decisions you make based on the information, opinions, estimates, and content made available to you through this Site; or
- any Sites accessed via or advertised on this Site,
whether or not such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable as at the date you access this Site or Dimensional UK has been advised of the possibility of you incurring such loss or damage, and whether occasioned by the negligence of Dimensional UK or its employees, agents, or sub-contractors.
Please note that the important information set out here does not exclude or restrict any duty or liability to customers of Dimensional UK under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 of the United Kingdom or under the rules of the FCA as laid out in the Handbook of the FCA.
Unless prohibited by local law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Dimensional UK, its affiliates and licensors, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of Dimensional UK and its affiliates and licensors, and third party content providers, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, or expenses, including legal fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of this Site.